The children of Supernatural writers aren’t safe from the devils their parents create.
Also, Mark is such a lovable punk.
but have you considered:
- strong females who don’t denounce femininity or being girly
- strong females who are “like every other girl” bc why the hell not girls are rad
- strong females who tear down the culture of girls hating on other girls
- strong females who are proud to be feminists
- strong females who support and acknowledge trans women
- strong females who understand that being strong isn’t synonymous with manly or with “acting like a man”
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
there ain’t no party like a winchester party
Isn’t it nice how people twist their religious scripture to suit their weds but when it’s used against them it’s suddenly not okay
I talked to a monk about this quote once (we have mutual friends, and he came to a New Year’s Eve party at my shared art studio). He said this isn’t even talking about homosexuality. That the bible never actually says homosexuality is wrong. What that passage means is this:
Women were treated as subservient and it that you shouldn’t treat other men as subservient, like they are beneath you. It is not talking about homosexuality. If it was, it would say it outright since the bible lists other things outright.
I take the word of a monk who have studied the bible extensively more than a self proclaimed Christian.
The above text, I would like to point out is from the point of view of this translation of the original Hebrew. I spoke with my cousin’s rabbi on the matter and his response was different, saying that it was a mistranslation. See, the true translation says that a man shall not lie with another in the bed of a woman, which is to say, the Hebrews had a shit ton of rules about when a man was or was not allowed in a woman’s bed and private quarters (including, if she didn’t want you there, you weren’t allowed there. Hebrew women were also allowed to divorce their husbands and the image of the ‘oppressive Hebrew people’ is an image that was propogated by Christianity which, historically speaking, doesn’t treat the Jewish people too well and liked to paint them as being rather barbaric and backwards and cultish with their traditions, which, another piece of fun info, their traditions were one of the main reasons why the Jewish people were less likely, in medieval times, to die of the plague. Because washing your hands and avoiding the dead and vermin and the like was a lot of help. Of course the Christians persecuted them for not dying but that’s another matter. I’m sidetracked). So the verse is literally saying ‘Don’t fuck in some lady’s bed because that’s just goddamn rude’
Also, whenever a Christian brings the book of Leviticus up, you should feel free to point out that these are rules that were given to make the Hebrew people prepared for when the son of God came to earth. In Christianity, it’s believed the son of God was Jesus. So by following the rules set in Leviticus or pushing them as things we should follow, they’re saying that Jesus was not the son of God, and that Jesus did not, in fact, die for our sins. Jewish people believe, in their faith, that the son of God hasn’t yet been born, so many choose to follow these rules.
Most people of course roll their eyes when I explain the translation of the verse (full breakdown found here) but it’s always fun to point out the nature of the rules in Leviticus and the implications of following them.
I’m a theology student and I am on the verge of crying because of how accurate this commentary is. Historical context is simultaneously the most interesting and most important part of interpreting any texts.
Most religious people seem to base their beliefs on things that are severely mistranslated. I wish they would do their research before using the bible for hate.
I studied theology extensively and was going to become a theologist until I switched majors. The above commentary is 100% accurate and what I try to stress in a lot if conversations with Bible Thumpers.
Jesus also affirms the homosexual relationship between the Roman Centurion and his “slave”. The particular Greek word used to refer to this special slave was “pais”. Greek language studies and contexts show that a “pais” was a male love slave. Regular slaves were called “dolos”. The Centurion makes this distinction clearly when he asks Jesus to heal his slave (pais), and then to prove his status he tells Jesus that his slaves (dolos) go when he tells them to. But this slave (pais) was special. He was the Centurion’s lover.
Hearing this, Jesus was so amazed he says he had not found ANYONE ELSE who had such great faith. He then blesses the Centurion and heals his male lover.
THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY TEACHES ABOUT SAME SEX COUPLES.
In short, the English adaptation is a mistranslated farce.
reblogging for the comments ^^^^^^
Saving for later, in case parents ever bring this up or I need to come out again and “for good”.
Reblogging for the history most people want to ignore.
Still not much of a believer, but I’d rather know the facts than complain about a falsehood. But more importantly, we need to acknowledge that if this is much if not all of the Bible, then what fundamentalist Christians preach and follow basically amounts to “all your base are belong to us.”
Reblogging because if you want to parse out biblical text, go to people who studied theology, not people who use religion as a political club.
My cat is always so anxious for his daily car rides !
hIS J AcKET
People with anxiety:
- Know the worry is irrational
- Want to calm down but can’t
- Hate the fact that breathing feels like you are trying to breathe rocks instead of air
- Feel like they are drowning and suffocating. Telling them to just take a breath and calm down doesnt help.
- Want to stop shaking but can’t control their limbs.
- Just plain feel horrible and embarrassed.
Rupert Grint always wanted to be an ice cream man, so he used his Harry Potter cash to buy a Mr. Whippy van, which he drives around to hand out free ice cream to kids. Source
Let’s go through the list, shall we?
- Stalking Cat was a computer programmer before he passed away earlier this year. He was Native American and trying to become closer to his totem animal. Through this, he helped pioneer all types of body modification and holds several Guinness Book Records.
- Erik Sprague, aka Lizard Man, was a former PhD candidate. He has a bachelor’s in philosophy and is a performance artist: both through international side shows and as a music festival host.
- Maria Jose Cristerna aka “La Mujer Vampiro” (Vampire Woman) is the mother of four children and a fuckin’ lawyer. She started her transformation after getting out of an abusive marriage, and has talked out against domestic violence.
- Rick Genest aka Rico The Zombie is a fucking international model, has more sponsorships than any of us could ever hope, and was featured in Lady Gaga’s Born This Way video. Not bad for a 27-year old former homeless punk, I’d say.
reblogging for the well researched and accurate shut down, good work mate
also you know, tattoos cost money so you can’t really be unemployed and covered head to toe in ink.
The way I see it people should be able to do what they want with their bodies and not be persecuted for it. If they’re happy with themselves that’s all that matters.
Bolded for fucking truth.
Hubble image of η Car (Eta Carinae), one of the most interesting stars in our galaxy. About 7,500 light years distant from Earth, the Eta Carinae system is situated in a nebula within a nebula—the dual-lobed Homunculus Nebula, pictured here, within the larger Carina Nebula.
The main star of the system, visible here at center, is a wildly variable blue star over 100 times as massive as the Sun. It is orbited by a companion of about 30 solar masses which is not observable optically because it is obscured by gas and dust. The system’s primary star is thought to produce at least one million times as much light as the Sun, and is one of a relatively small number of stars in the galaxy which approaches or perhaps exceeds the Eddington Limit—a level of luminosity beyond which gravity is no longer able to contain and balance a star’s extreme radiation, resulting in a disruption of hydrostatic equilibrium and consequently a very short, violent lifespan.
Eta Carinae is most famous for a “supernova impostor” brightening event observed in southern skies by astronomers and Australian aborigines alike in 1843, following which its apparent brightness has varied widely and without a clear pattern. Many astronomers believe the star is on the cusp of its explosive death, but there are opposing schools of thought on when a supernova or hypernova event would be detected on Earth; some say it is likely to happen at any time in coming decades, while others believe it may be many thousands of years distant yet.
Eta Carinae will collapse into a black hole, with the resulting release of energy bringing catastrophic consequences to any nearby star systems. Were it as close to our sun as Alpha Centauri, for example, no life here would survive, the Earth would likely be almost instantaneously stripped of its atmosphere, and our solar system could be consumed by the intense gravity of the singularity. Even at a distance of many thousands of light years, the hypernova explosion of Eta Carinae could damage the Earth’s ozone layer, disrupt or destroy man-made satellites in orbit, and pose a serious threat to any astronauts outside the planet’s atmosphere.
Reason to Live #280: Autumn, and everything about it. It has always been and forever will be my favourite season. I love proper autumn, not the …
THIS POST GOT ME REALLY EXCITED I COULD FEEL MY HEART SPEEDING UP
I AM SO EXCITED AHHHHHH